Week 13B - Using Facebook Ads

I've used Facebook ads to promote an upcoming gig, so I am somewhat familiar with the tool.  I was able to target music listeners and other similar interests using specific locations around where the gig would take place.  I created a post about the show and then promoted it using the ad tool.  Since the show was in Oceanside, I targeted most areas in San Diego and North County like Encinitas, Vista, Carlsbad, and so on.  I also included Los Angeles and some desert towns just to extend the ad's reach.  With a budget of $3 a day for a week before the show, I was able to reach an additional 7000 people with a sponsored ad.  This was posted on Facebook and Instagram, but Instagram had a larger audience reach.  The total cost was about $20, and the LCF page received a couple of likes, numerous page views and click throughs.  I did not have data on how many people showed up for the show because of the ad, so I'm not certain on the effectiveness.  I do know that several of our friends and existing fans saw the sponsored ad and were impressed with the advertising.  A graphic was used as the main promotional post, with hashtags like #livemusic and #sandiego.  I would use Facebook ads again to promote future shows as well as our new music releases as they become available.  I wouldn't use the product sales type of ads until LCF's merchandise is available, so just a general post promotion campaign is an effective ad use for LCF currently.  

Comments

Popular Posts